Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 6 - Woodstock - Blenheim Palace on Thursday, May 9th, 2013

Explored Chipping Campden today.  Also took in Blenheim Palace. It was raining lightly today and very windy. But It was still another good day for exploring. Blenheim is HUGE! On the way out, I recognized the current Duke of Marlborough 's son driving off in a Lotus.  Rough life!

Finished off the day at the Lygon Hotel restaurant & pub. Salmon fillet for Pam and salmon cakes for me. Very good! A table of Americans were seated next to us. Same thing happened to us last night! It makes me wonder why we traveled across the Atlantic to see England only to run into more Americans?

Approaching Blenheim Palace

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar experience on my trip. My first stop on my own was in Bury St. Edmunds, and I found myself sitting next to an American at the inn's bar.

    ReplyDelete